Electrical in nature?

A fire that apparently broke out in the room housing the computer server equipment in the Lakeland Building in Slave Lake on June 20 brought out the fire department and others. According to fire chief Jamie Coutts, the “computer backup battery burnt up, filling the second storey with smoke.” The place was evacuated while firefighters suited up and went in to investigate. Coutts says the fire didn’t amount to much and not much damage was done. The smoke was cleared out and people were able to return to work.
Building owner Ali Mouallem spoke to The Leader last week, more or less confirming what Coutts had said: i.e. not much of a fire, solved fairly quickly, evacuation didn’t last long, nobody hurt, nothing to worry about.

Share this post

Post Comment