Around 60 students graduated from Roland Michener Senior Secondary School this year. That included those from the Lakeside Outreach, which comes under the RMSS administration.
As usual, a long list of scholarships accompanied the Roland Michener School graduation ceremonies. Those ceremonies were unconventional this year, thanks to the COVID pandemic. A parade was organized for June 27, with decorated vehicles running through Slave Lake from the school to Main St. and then north. It was raining quite hard, but it didn’t seem to bother anyone.
Following are the scholarships (possibly not all of them) and who won them:
- Ann Bartlett Memorial Scholarship – Max Albrecht, Huereka Aragon, Aiden Blocka, Ahmed Dhamee, Eyi Ijente, Cora-Lee Kashuba, Alexa St-Pierre, Michael Whitney and Parker Hay.
- ATA Scholarship – Parker Hay
- Connor Lukan Memorial Scholarship – Max Albrecht
- Kinettes Scholarship – Huereka Aragon
- Kyle Wayne Buchberger Memorial Scholarship – Matthew LaFrance
- Landon Persson Memorial Scholarship – Alexa St-Pierre
- Laura Attrux Scholarship – Cora-Lee Kashuba
- Maureen MacDonald Memorial Scholarship – Ahmed Dhamee
- The Medicine Shoppe Scholarship – Alexa St-Pierre and Max Albrecht
- Rotary Club of Slave Lake Scholarship – Kaylee Gourley and Huereka Aragon
- Slave Lake Hospital Auxiliary Healthcare Bursary – Alexa St-Pierre
- Slave Lake Petroleum Association Scholarship – Matthew LaFrance, Huereka Aragon and Max Albrecht
- Marvin Arneson Memorial Scholarship (Slave Lake Pulp) – Huereka Aragon, Aiden Blocka, Parker Hay and Michael Whitney
- Smile Bright Scholarship (Slave Lake Dental) – Cora-Lee Kashuba
- TOLKO Forestry Scholarship – Tayyab Khadim and Michael Whitney
- Tyler Emes Memorial Scholarship – Matthew LaFrance