Trailer saved: cat too

Leader staff

Eighth St. southwest in Slave Lake was the scene of a house fire on the afternoon of April 18. Town manager Brian Vance announced it during a town council meeting, having just received notification from fire chief Jamie Coutts
“The trailer was saved,” he said. “A cat was rescued.”
Chief Coutts provided a few more details the next day. He said a dryer vent caught fire and the fire moved under the trailer home.
“Crews worked quickly to limit damage and remove smoke,” he said in an email to The Leader.
The residents of the home had evacuated themselves, but firefighters went back in later to rescue the cat. The street was closed for about an hour.
The call for the fire department came at 5:00 p.m.

Share this post